Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Snow Storms & Apostles


This week Utah had its first major snow storm. We received a pounding of snow...3 inches down in the valley and more than 8 inches in the higher elevations. I serve in both. The snow didn't dampen any of our enthusiasm...except for the three car accidents our mission saw this weekend. Luckily I drive a 4-wheel-drive truck so the traction wasn't as much of an issue for us.

We had a baptism in the South Mountain YSA ward this weekend. The South Mountain church building sits adjacent to the Draper Temple. That is a magnificent backdrop for a baptism. Snow, temple, and a person coming to Jesus Christ. What a combo!

On Saturday afternoon, evening and Sunday morning we were honored to have Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles visit with us. Between Saturday sessions my companion and I were able to have dinner with Elder Ballard. At first he directed me to eat more food until I told him I might fall asleep during his remarks. Then he redirected me not to do that. He's a funny guy. We certainly are blessed in Utah!

Elder Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment