Monday, December 26, 2011

Have Yourself...a Sick Little Christmas

A funny thing happened this week. I came under the weather for most of the week. On Tuesday I started noticing that I had a sore throat. Wednesday morning it had traveled to my sinuses and my chest. Needless to say I spent a lot of time in bed. I still went out and kept each of our appointments so we were able to have a productive week and help our investigators continue to progress. The funny thing? The week was still productive! On Tuesday we found a YSA who has been attending Church for months and wants to be baptized on January 7th. On Saturday we knocked on a door and found a family who is interested in coming back to Church. All three of their daughters are preparing to be baptized on January 21st. For a week where I spent most of my time in bed...that's pretty good!

It seems like ages ago, but we also had a baptism on Monday night. We should have one each week for the next month. Nothing keeps the motivation high than seeing the fruits of our labors.

Christmas was a blast. It started Christmas Eve with a Mission Conference where we received gifts from the mission, packages from home and letters from our parents. Let me just say that I am sufficiently stocked on toothpaste and toothbrushes until at least next Christmas! On Sunday we started the day by calling home and then attended a short Sacrament meeting. For the rest of the day we visited with members from our old areas. It was great to be able to catch up with familiar faces and see how their families are doing. I value each of the people I have met on the mission and don't know how I'll ever be able to keep in touch with them all until after my mission!

Now it's onto New Years! We will also be having a New Years Eve Conference with Elder Nelson of the Twelve. That will be another great opportunity to hear inspired words and of course catch up with good friends.

Happy New Year!

Elder Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment