Monday, December 12, 2011

A crazy week!

This week I was broken into life as a zone leader as if that hadn't happened already. On Tuesday we received a call from an Elder who was having sharp stomach pains. We drove him to the emergency room and one of us had to stay with him for the next three days. The other person went with his companion on an impromptu three day exchange. We actually got to sleep at 10:00pm once after all of the driving, checking up, and grabbing clothes was completed. On Friday we had an exchange with the Assistants. It went very well and I was grateful for the opportunity to learn from a great missionary.


Saturday was the rewarding day. I was able to be a part of 5 baptisms. Two of them were from the Draper Mt. Point stake and three were in the stake where I currently serve. Total, our zone has had 17 baptisms in the month of December...which leads the mission! That's a great thing to be able to communicate to our Elders and Sisters to lift their spirits this holiday season.


If this past week wasn't busy the week coming will beat it. On Tuesday we are taking a group of Elders and Sisters to temple square to see the lights. I am excited for the chance to see the temple all lit up! On Friday we have a 6 hour Christmas celebration with the mission. Now that I think about it -- this week will be busy but in a relaxing way. The funny part? Even with all this going on I still have plenty of energy during the day. It's an exhilarating type of work.


There were two little surprises in my week as well. On Saturday I ran into a Young Men's President at one of our wards. He was from Virginia so we started talking. Over time I came to find out that he went to SVU and his sister was best friends with Sara! What are the odds! If that wasn't good enough I met a member of a Bishopric who knew the family of my first roommate in DC. Other than teaching the gospel, the relationships you build on a mission and the connections you make are special.


Elder Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment