Monday, July 16, 2012

Traveling Onward

This week was an interesting week. There's a funny phenomenon among members. Up until I had been on my mission for 11 months, I regularly was told "oh you're a new missionary!" Now that I've begun to tell people that I've been on my mission for "almost 13 months" they have changed their tune. "Oh, you must be ready to go home! What will you do when you leave your mission?" You'd think they would give you more than one month to enjoy being in the prime of your mission, but nope! So, it was interesting to hear that for the first time and talk to members about my post-mission plans even though I have plenty of time left.

We had much success this week. We found 4 individuals who all are committed to preparing for baptism. Each time we find souls who are prepared for the gospel it brings a lot of excitement to our week. If all goes well, we should certainly have a baptism or two before the end of the month.

We've started a new "program" to find new people to teach. We have found that many of the members in Utah don't see missionaries very often. So we've begun going to families during their family home evening time and teaching them the basic doctrines of the gospel. We've always done this, now we've just doing a lot more of it. It's already born fruit with members being excited to talk to their coworkers or neighbors about meeting with the missionaries. It's true that the members really are the best missionaries.

Elder Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment