Monday, November 21, 2011

A Busy Week

Do you ever have those weeks that seem to have so much happen that you don't know how to describe it? That adequately describes my week. It went by fast, good things happened, and we're moving forward. But...where to start?

The most exciting news is that our Stake is entering "baptism season". The plans are all ready, and even though the one that was scheduled for 11/19 moved back to 12/3, we're still on pace for 7 in November/December. We've also seen success off of our efforts to get more integrated with wards. We saw two new people attend Church this week off of those efforts.

The second most exciting news is that our companionship received permission to take an investigator to Temple Square on Wednesday. We will be showing them some sights and sharing a lesson with them while there. Not only will it be exciting to leave the mission boundaries, but I know it will be a spiritual experience for everybody there!

Lastly, Thanksgiving is coming up. I thought I'd take a moment to talk about what I'm thankful for. Again, there's so much I don't know where to start. A good place would be the gospel. You think you understand how a mission will change your life before you go but you can never understand until you get out there. I am learning, growing, and drawing closer to the Savior every day. This experience is a fantastic "launching pad" for the rest of my life. I'm also thankful for the wonderful members and non-members I've met on my mission. Many are examples to me and make me realize what is important in life. As I continue on my mission and my life, I will be blessed by their friendship and memories. Finally, everybody back home. From family to friends to Sara, I have a lot to be thankful for. Even though I'm across the stinkin' country, I'm supported in everything I do. Could a person reasonably ask for anything more? I don't think so.

I hope each of you get to take some time to remember what you're thankful for and to refocus life on what's the most important. I'm grateful for the missionary time that lets me do just that every single day.

Elder Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment