Monday, October 10, 2011

We're Going Through Changes

Well, this week has been an interesting week to say the least! On Tuesday evening about 5:30pm I get a phone call from President Miller informing me that I am being transferred to the Draper Mt. Point stake as part of an emergency transfer to train a new missionary. Surprise!

My new companion's name is Elder Cox. He's a new missionary who has been in the field for four weeks from Orlando, Florida. He's a good guy with a lot of desire to serve. I'm excited to be his companion. Unfortunately, as we got to planning for Wednesday, we realized that there were no appointments or lessons scheduled for the rest of the week. We spent the first three days of the week "rebuilding" the area and gathering together a pool of teaching candidates. Figuring out an area from the ground up and having no contacts in the area is a challenging task, and from time to time, it wore me down. However, by Saturday, we had 8 lessons scheduled for the next week and have many other potentials coming down the line. It was eye-opening to have that challenging first week in my new area and am grateful for the experience.

My area has many great wards that do a wonderful job inviting their neighbors to learn about the Church. I am certain that as we gain the trust of the ward leadership and members that we will see mighty success in this area. I'm excited for the adventure that lies ahead!

Elder Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment