Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Seeing Miracles

Fasting. I have fasted regularly since joining the Church, but thanks to blessings from above I now understand that the Lord answers us with promised blessings. Here we go...
Since coming into the area we had been teaching an 18 year old girl who has Protestant parents who very much oppose her joining the Church. She has been taught for 6 months with no progress towards baptism even though she loves the scriptures, loves the Church, and loves to pray. After sharing my background we committed her to baptism and have been meeting regularly to uplift her. She has been having doubts. On Saturday night, I started my fast asking for her to receive the comfort she needs as she prepares for baptism. That Sunday, we met with her. We invited her to a baptism that night at 5:00. At the end of the baptism, she came up to us with tears in her eyes and let us know that she knows she needs to be baptized. I didn't realize it until later, but the Lord answered my prayer directly. Even though I lack faith sometimes, and I know the Lord always answers prayers, seeing an instance so direct and so powerful really humbles you.
In addition, we got a call from a truck driver who was coming through the area who wanted to meet. He was very unsure how it all would work and we told him to call us back with details. I got a prompting that we needed to call him back and nail down a time. We found a member who was willing to drive him into our area (since his truck was being unloaded) and we taught him and his wife. The lesson would not have happened if we hadn't called him back after initially leaving it up to his own accord. Come to find out they have been reading the Book of Mormon for 10 years, want to be baptized, but since they're mobile have never been able to track down missionaries. The Lord blesses us as we listen to His will.
All in all, I've seen the Lord's hand in my life this past week in miraculous ways. It's both humbling and eye-opening. It's hard to deny the blessings of the Church after experiences like that. We truly are being directed as missionaries in the work. While I miss home and miss "real" life, I'm reveling in the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have these experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment