Monday, March 4, 2013

The Old Becomes New


At the beginning of my mission, I started in Draper in some of the most affluent stakes in our mission. Now, as my mission begins to come to a close, I am returning to a similar environment. For this transfer I will be training Elder Hansen, a new missionary, in the South Mountain stake. The most exciting part of that is that I am serving in the same stake where a former missionary who taught me lives. In fact, his family is helping us fellowship and teach someone in the stake! What a small world!
 
Now, we have to talk about where we live. I'm learning about "finer living". We have our own separate guest house which is nice enough in its own right. In addition, our landlord has offered home-service dry cleaning once a week, stocking of our apartment with food, and the service of weekly cleaning. I always knew people lived like that...I just haven't experienced it myself. When Jesus talked about receiving "mansions on high" for faithful following of his commandments, I didn't know this was what he meant!
 
It is also a nice relief to be back in a family stake. I love all of the young single adults, however, there's something refreshing about the dynamics of a family ward. There are always lots of crazy kids running around and things are a lot more lively. On top of that, we have the opportunity to teach families instead of just individuals.
 
Elder Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment