Monday, June 11, 2012

Heating Up For June

The weather is hot. I guess that means summer is here. Luckily, I really enjoy summer. I enjoy it a lot more since there's no humidity and the heat really doesn't make you sweat. That's also great for missionary work because more people are outside and available to just stop and talk about the gospel. The yearly transition is also happening to the mountains. The lush green mountains are now "burning out" to become the arid brown desert mountains you would come to expect in a place like Utah. It's certainly a different environment than Virginia!

I continue adjusting to Riverton. It is a great area. I'm starting to learn the roads and areas around the place. For those who know Utah, my area actually includes Riverton, Bluffdale, South Jordan, Herriman and Daybreak. There is a lot of variety in the area. It provides many opportunities to teach different types of people. Right now we're teaching one family and 4 young single adults who are preparing for baptism. We held a baptism on Friday night for an investigator we had been teaching. He has overcome quite a lot to be ready to join the Church. His sister joined the Church ten years ago but he went down a different road and got caught in some negative things. However, with lots of love and care, he began learning about the gospel. He overcame those problems and is now the newest member of the Church. Stories like his are always the most rewarding in missionary work.

It's also my birthday this week! I'll be 25. That seems weird. I certainly don't feel 25. But I think everybody says that when they have another birthday. It's also weird to think that I'll be 26 when I come back to Virginia from my mission. Time sure does fly!

Elder Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment